About Me

Phoenix, AZ, United States

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where would I go?

"When belief in God becomes difficult, the tendency is to turn away from Him; but in heaven's name to what?" - G.K. Chesterton


I like this idea. Ravi quotes it in his sermon about Job and suffering. We do have a tendency to turn away from God when we feel so much pain... but really where would we go and what would that solve? Who have we to turn to? In our pain we gain nothing by turning from the only one Who can save us.

I sang this song this morning it was all I could muster up...I believe it's derived from Psalms 40.

Oh Lord, have mercy on me and heal me.
Oh Lord, have mercy on me and free me.
Place my feet upon a rock
Put a new song in my heart, in my heart.
Oh Lord, have mercy on me...


I really feel like I've been on sinking sand...and the thought of standing on a solid rock is so comforting...

No comments: