About Me

Phoenix, AZ, United States

Monday, August 27, 2007

The wheels just keep on turning...

Til Kingdom Come (Johnny Cash)

Steal my heart and hold my tongue
I feel my time, my time has come.
Let me in, Unlock the door
I've never felt this way before.

And the wheels just keep on turning,
the drummer begins to drum,
I don't know which way I'm going,
I don't know which way I've come...

...For you I'd wait til kingdom comes
Until my day, my day is done.
Say you'll come and set me free
Say you'll wait, you'll wait for me...


Ray and Samantha are an older couple who frequent my store. They were gone for a while, but have returned in the last couple of weeks... Samantha has Lou Gehrigs disease and as it's a degenerative disorder, I've seen it progress noticeably over the past several months...The other day she spent 10 minutes trying to communicate to us a single question... I can remember only two months ago this not being the case. The song above happened to be playing on the radio while the two of them were lying side by side on a couple of the massage beds... She doesn't have a lot of time left.

In your tears and in your blood.
In your fire and in your flood,
I hear you laugh, I heard you say
"I wouldn't change a single thing."

And the wheels just keep on turning,
the drummer begins to drum.
I don't know which way I'm going
I don't know what I've become.

For you I'd wait til kindgom comes,
Until my day my day is done.
Say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, wait for me.


I don't have anything profound to say... just a moving situation and a story that deserves not to be forgotten i guess.

No comments: